Learn about the frequently asked question
How it works
General question and answers about how it works
Zapdial Secure is a cloud based phone system that works like a company switchboard.
You can save on local and international calls and get additional phone numbers on your existing phone, allowing you to keep your personal number private and use your Zapdial numbers for work, online dating, classified ads or a host of other reasons.
- Simple to use mobile app
- Keep your personal number private
- Free online calls & chat
- Make low cost calls & SMS
- Receive calls & SMS
- Customise each Cloud Sim profile
- Personalize each voicemail
- Easily see who is calling
- Decide when you are available
No, there is nothing to download or install. Zapdial is a completely hosted, web based phone system.
In most countries, almost immediately. Some countries have local registration requirements and will provision a number after those registration requirements are met. If a country does have local registration requirements, our support department will be in touch with you, in which case you will likely have to provide proper ID, address verification, business registration numbers, etc.
The easiest way to connect your mobile phone to your new Zapdial account is to download the mobile app for Android or iOS to your phone.
Yes. Zapdial requires a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection to validate user details, and also to make and receive calls and send and receive SMS and chat messages.
Yes. You can receive calls on your Zapdial numbers on any device. All inbound calls are routed from the caller over the internet to the Zapdial app, so you must have internet access to receive calls. You can set up voicemail for when you are not online or unavailable.
On an iOS device select your phone Settings > Zapdial Secure > Notifications > Allow Notifications.
Android devices vary but you may select your phone Settings > Sound & notifications > App Notifications > Zapdial Secure > Toggle Block to ‘off’.
App-to-app calls are fully encrypted thereby safeguarding your personal information. For enhanced Military grade encryption you can purchase ZRTP encryption add-on
Invite your friends and you can call them for free from your SIM number. When your contact joins you will receive a notification and they will have a ‘free’ icon in your Contacts list. You can call and message any contact that displays the ‘free’ icon for free.
Question and answers about billing
- The app is free and you can call and message other Zapdial Secure users for free. Call rates to other phones vary but begin at less than 1p/c per minute. You can view all call rates on our website and on the Zapdial Secure app.
- Additional mobile number rates are available in the app.
- Incoming calls free.
- We also provide a variety of monhly plans to specific countries. You can view these in your app and Zapdial website.
Calls are charged in 60 second intervals, so calling for 5 minutes and 1 second is charged the same as 5 minutes and 59 seconds.
Our low call rates are available on the rates page on our website and in the app
Top-up options are available through your app or on our website, where you will always get the best deals.
- The standard SMS length is 160 characters, if you exceed this you will be charged as such.
- Some special characters, international languages, accents or emoticons can count as several characters, or split your message into more then one part.
Currently we accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express and Paypal. At this time we only accept payments online so we will not be able to accept a P.O., invoice you, or take an order over the phone.
Our available add-ons can be added to or removed from any plan, at anytime. If you need a 2nd number and don’t wish to upgrade to the next plan, you can simply add an additional number to your current plan.
There are no additional hidden fees. However we do charge tax as required by law. The prices you see above plus tax are exactly what you will pay each month (excluding any additional add-ons purchased after registration).
Pricing question and answers about technical requirements
Zapdial Secure works on Android (2.33 and above) and iOS (7 and above) devices.
- Yes, you can turn your iPad into a fully functioning phone with Zapdial Secure
- Make and receive low cost calls on your Zapdial Secure numbers
- Make free and low cost calls on your SIM number
- Send low cost SMS to any phone from all numbers
- Zapdial Secure uses your mobile phone number to validate your account and to send you an activation code.
- When you call or SMS from your SIM profile your number will display as the caller ID.
- Your Zapdial Secure contacts will know they can call you for free.
Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your mobile phone number.
Yes, you can avoid roaming fees when abroad by making/receiving calls and sending/receiving messages with the Zapdial Secure app. We recommend you use Wi-Fi when abroad as your operator will charge you for data usage.
You need an Android or Apple (iOS) device connected to the internet to use the Zapdial Secure app.
- Ensure your device is connected to the internet
- Open the Zapdial Secure app
- Enter you mobile phone number in the field provided
- Confirm your mobile phone number
- Didn’t receive your code? Try using the call option.
- Contact email@example.com
An internet connection is required to use the Zapdial Secure app. We recommend using Zapdial Secure with Wi-Fi. If you are using Zapdial Secure to make and receive calls over mobile data you may be charged by your mobile operator for data usage. Please check with your mobile operator.
Yes! But we’re pretty sure you won’t be needing it as we have made it very simple! Click on the Download link from our site and download the app directly from iTunes or Google Play. Then, insert your mobile number and you will receive a 4-number digit code via SMS. Insert the code and complete! Your account will be created and you will automatically be assigned Prepaid plan.
Questions and answers about messaging
There are a variety of reasons you may not be able to send a Zapdial Secure message:
- Are you connected to the internet? Zapdial Secure requires an internet connection. Please ensure your device is connected via Wi-Fi or mobile data
- You have no free contacts – invite your contacts to Zapdial Secure so you can message them for free
- You have no credit – SMS to non-Zapdial Secure users are chargeable so you need to buy Zapdial Secure credit. You can buy credit in the app or on our website
You can send free messages to any other Zapdial Secure user. Your free Contacts are clearly displayed in your app. You can invite your contacts to Zapdial Secure from the app.
You can send text and photo messages free to other Zapdial Secure users.
- Ensure the recipient number is correct and in international format
- Ensure you are connected to the internet
Zapdial Phone Numbers
Questions and answers about phone numbers
- Zapdial Secure provide additional phone numbers for use on your main mobile device, allowing you to make and receive calls and send and receive messages, without giving out your personal number.
- Zapdial Secure numbers can be used for work, dating, classified ads, online selling, webforms, international presence or to prevent nuisance calls
- You can decide when you are available on each of your numbers and set up individual voicemail messages so your boss does not hear the same message as your best friend in New York.
Zapdial phone numbers are real mobile phone numbers where the calls/messages are received by the Zapdial Secure app over Wi-Fi or mobile data. They allow you to connect with people or share your number while keeping your personal number private.
Zapdial phone numbers are available from your app hMy Account tab
You can receive calls once you share your number with your contacts.
You can make low cost calls to any phone, anywhere in the world from your Zapdial phone numbers
Yes, you can turn your iPad or Android Tablet into a fully functioning phone with Zapdial phone numbers
Your Zapdial phone number will be removed once your subscription has expired and not been renewed
Lapsed Zapdial phone numbers cannot be retrieved.
The app clearly displays when you’re Cloud Sim number(s) will expire.
We will notify you prior to the expiry date of your Zapdial phone number(s), however it is your responsibility to ensure you retain access to your number(s).
Your Zapdial phone number is active within 15 mins however you must submit required identification before you can start using the phone numbers.
Questions and answers about calling
Open the app and select a contact or key in the number in the dial pad
You can easily set up multiple additional mobile numbers that you your contacts can call you on. This allows you to keep you main number private, create international presence and also save on roaming fees when you are abroad.
There are a variety of reasons you may not be able to make a Zapdial Secure call.
- Are you connected to the internet? Zapdial Secure requires an internet connection. Please ensure your device is connected via Wi-Fi or mobile data.
- You have no free contacts – invite your contacts to Zapdial Secure so you can call and message them for free.
- You have no credit – calls and SMS to non-Zapdial Secure users are chargeable so you need some credit.
- You are not dialing correctly – All calls should be dialed in international format.
- You are dialing a special service, premium rate, satellite. Zapdial Secure will not connect these calls.
To receive calls your contacts need to call one of your Zapdial Secure phone numbers. You can easily share your number.
You may need to allow Zapdial Secure to use your microphone.
On your iOS (Apple) device
- Open your device ‘Settings’
- Click ‘Privacy’
- Click ‘Microphone’
You may need to allow Zapdial Secure to use your microphone. Check your general phone settings.
- Free Calls – Calls between Zapdial Secure users.
- Wi-Fi/mobile data – Calls are routed over the Internet via your Wi-Fi or 3G/4G data connection to Zapdial Secure, where we connect you to the telephone network and the person you are calling. Use this method when you have a good internet connection.
- Local Access – This method is only used when you are in your home country, using a SIM card from that country. Zapdial Secure connects using your local GSM minutes. This is a great way to use Zapdial Secure, especially if you are out of range of a Wi-Fi hotspot and also have a monthly bundled minutes allowance.
Zapdial Secure is an over the top service. You must have a mobile phone number from a recognized mobile provider in order to to validate your account by SMS. You can then use your Zapdial Secure account on tablets without the need for a SIM.
With Zapdial Secure all calls, including local calls, should be dialled with an international prefix. To dial an international number you need to:
- Dial 00 or the symbol “+” to get the international service, then the international code
- Identify the international dialling code for the destination you are calling. 81 for Japan, 44 for the UK, 33 for France, 971 for the UAE, etc
- Dial the number you wish to call, usually without the first zero
Account question and answers about service
For your security we may ask you to validate your account from time to time, if you reinstall the app, , install on another device, access your account on our website or after an app update.
Visit our website and sign in to your account to see full account details and history.
To login to your account dashboard for the first time you will need to create a password. You can create your password at https://account.zapdial.com/dashboard/forgot
Account question and answers about downloads
Zapdial Secure is available from Google Play and the App Store for Zapdial Secure Android (2.3 and above) and iOS (6.1 and above) devices.
Zapdial Secure can be used globally, but some of its features may be different depending on the country where you are based.
A Zapdial Secure account can be used from several different devices, but it’s not possible to make concurrent calls from different phones/devices with the same account.